Monday, January 11, 2010

Cross Country Skiing



I'm back to Cross Country skiing !!

When I was very young my father took me quite often cross country skiing and I hated it ! When I got a bit older, around 10 I started downhill skiing.... I also hated it. Then a little bit later, around 13 I started snowboarding; that was cool, I snowboarded quite intensively for about 15 years. Then I got tired of having to drive at least 45 minutes to the mountain, paying loads of $$$ to go down icy hills and drive back. So I started snowshoeing. Every time it snowed I would go out the backyard to the cycle path and walked in the snow for an hour or so. That was cool, it's a good workout, I did not have to drive anywhere and it was free.

And then last year, one snowy January morning, just after breakfast, I didn't feel like putting on my snowshoes.... So I drove to the store and came back with backcountry nordic skis ! I still don't know what crossed my mind that morning but it's been a good thing so far. I still don't have to dirve anywhere, I just walk 5 minutes to the trails and off I go for anything between 5 to 20 km of on and off trail skiing. It's by far the best workout I have ever done. It is peacefully quiet in the woods, it's free and everonce in a while I get to see some deers.


And after spending the winter cross country skiing, I'm ready to start road biking in great shape !

No comments:

Post a Comment